I’m lucky enough to have two giant rhubarb plants in my backyard, and they’ve already had their first harvest! I was inspired by this adorable pie on my Insta feed a few days ago, so I decided to make this super easy (mom-friendly) version myself, recipe below. Have an awesome long weekend, friends!
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- Pilsbury ready-made pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees C.
- In a large bowl, mix flour and sugar. Add strawberries and chopped rhubarb. Toss with sugar and flour and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the first pie dough and place in a pie plate.
- Put the filling into the pie and spread out evenly.
- Roll out the second pie dough and cut into strips. I cut a few pieces very thinly and braided them for a cute look. Keep the dough moist with a light sprinkle of water if needed.
- Put the strips of dough over the pie filling, criss-crossing the strips and varying them across the pie.
- Bake at 375 degrees C for 45 to 50 minutes, or until sides are bubbly and brown. Cool on rack.
- Add some beautiful wildflowers to the sides of the pie before serving to friends 🙂