We’ve been picking and eating Ontario strawberries non-stop over here, so thought I would share three of my favourite recipes! Simple to make and delicious… here they are:
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
We’ve been using fresh rhubarb from the garden for this recipe. It’s a favourite of mine and a dish I’ve brought to every barbecue this summer so far!
- 1 pound rhubarb stalks, trimmed and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, slightly melted
- 3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, and vanilla. Stir until the fruit is evenly coated with the sugar mixture. Transfer the fruit mixture to a 2-quart or 8-inch baking dish and set aside while you prepare the topping.
Combine the flour, brown sugar, and sugar.
Add the butter and mix well.
Stir in the oats and chopped pecans.
Spoon the topping evenly over the fruit without packing down.
Bake for 45-55 minutes, until the fruit is bubbling around the edges and the topping is golden brown. Cool for 20 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Once Upon a Chef
- 8 hulled strawberries
- 1/2 cup cashew milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 6 ice cubes
In a blender, combine strawberries, milk, and sugar. Toss in the ice. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses, serve and enjoy!
- 1 cup hulled and sliced strawberries
- 1 cup cashew milk
Combine in blender of food processor until smooth. Pour into popsicle moulds and freeze for a few hours. Enjoy!