Besides the occasional (plain) timbit, I try not to offer my kids too many treats! I really prefer to bake my own cookies and muffins so that I feel good about what they’re eating. I just found this recipe for peanut butter cookies, adapted below. I had a great time baking and eating them with Sadie! Wesley loved them too!
- 2 cups whole wheat or spelt flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream the coconut oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth. Mix in the peanut butter. Gradually blend in the flour mixture.
- Roll the dough into 1-2 inch balls and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Flatten to about 1/2 inch with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool on wire racks.
Cookies are really crumbly, but your kids will definitely enjoy them 🙂
Recipe adapted from here.