I’ve made these cookies twice now and they’re so easy! And since Sadie is incessantly saying “up peeese” and “help ewww” when I’m in the kitchen, she was my little helper. These cookies are also great to give away as Christmas gifts. Here’s the recipe, modified from here to make them a bit more healthy.
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat or spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.) Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter, coconut oil, and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually blend in the flour mixture, then mix in the coconut. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly toasted. Cool on wire racks.